Home College Clarkson Loses To Dartmouth, 5-2

Clarkson Loses To Dartmouth, 5-2


A modest win streak came to an end at two games for the Clarkson University Hockey team on Friday night as the Golden Knights lost 5-2 to Dartmouth in ECAC Hockey action at Thompson Arena in Hanover, NH.

Clarkson, which opened the week with its first conference win of the year, a 3-1 victory over St. Lawrence on Tuesday, falls to 9-10-2 overall and to 1-6-2 in ECAC Hockey. The Green and Gold play at 7th-ranked Harvard on Saturday. The Crimson defeated St. Lawrence 3-2 on Friday.

Postgame audio from Head Coach Casey Jones

The Knights fell behind early against the Big Green (7-8-1, 4-5) and could not recover as they lost their ninth game of the season away from Cheel Arena. Clarkson outshot Dartmouth 27-25 and enjoyed solid play on specialty teams, going 1-of-3 on the power play, while killing off the Big Green’s lone man-advantage attempt.

Clarkson, however, could not overcome the slow start, which saw the Knights’ allow the opening goal for the eight consecutive game.

Dartmouth jumped out to a 2-0 first-period lead with a pair of goals 18 seconds apart. Tim Shoup tallied his first of the year on a shot from the point at 7:58 and Kevin Neiley followed at 8:16 for his first goal of the season.

The Big Green made it 3-0 on Josh Hartley’s third of the season just 84 seconds into the middle frame.

Clarkson answered with its first goal of the night when junior defenseman James de Haas intercepted a Dartmouth clearing attempt, skated around a Big Green defenseman and connected for his second goal of the season, an unassisted power-play marker at 6:59.

Dartmouth scored again off a Clarkson turnover with River Rymsha giving the home team a 4-1 lead at 10:09 on his first goal of the season.

The Knights came back just over two minutes later as junior Troy Josephs knocked in a rebound off a shot from the point by sophomore defenseman Terrance Amorosa at 12:25 for his fourth goal in the past five games and his fifth of the season. Junior Perry D’Arrisso also assisted.

Dartmouth prevented any chance of Clarkson winning its third straight game in Thompson Arena when Neiley tallied his second of the night at 11:15 of the final frame.

Senior Greg Lewis made his third straight start in the Clarkson goal, but left after the Big Green’s third goal. He finished with eight saves on 11 shots through 22 minutes of play.

Junior Steve Perry came on in relief and posted 12 saves on 14 shots through the final 38 minutes.

Charles Grant made 25 saves for Dartmouth

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here