The William Smith College ice hockey team placed a program-record and league-best 24 student-athletes on the 2020-21 United Collegiate Hockey Conference All-Academic team. The previous high was 17 in 2019-20.
To be eligible, a player must spend a minimum of one academic year at her present institution, while maintaining a minimum 3.2 cumulative grade point average based on their course load for the 2020-21 academic year.
The following Herons earned a spot on the team:
- Sophomore Emma Brophy, biology and environmental science major
- Sophomore Alisa Canney, undeclared
- Sophomore Taylor Coburn, biology major
- First-year Ava Cornforth, undeclared
- Sophomore Liza Diffley, education and psychology major
- Junior Emma Duffey, media & society major
- Sophomore Sofia Ferguson, psychology major
- First-year Brit Foster, undeclared
- First-year Sydney Foster, undeclared
- Sophomore Emily Franciszkowicz, undeclared
- First-year Alex George, psychology major
- Sophomore Julianna Gong, undeclared
- First-year Annie Hauser, undeclared
- Sophomore Laura Hill, journalism and psychology major
- Sophomore Lauren Jackson, biology and psychology major
- Senior Jules Kennedy, economics and sociology major
- Junior Anna Krajewski, biology and environmental studies major
- Sophomore Mia LaPlante, undeclared
- Senior Julia Mings, psychology major
- Senior Lexi Nottke, media & society major
- First-year Sofia Pattillo, undeclared
- First-year Emily Rourke, undeclared
- Senior Alison Weiss, biology and economics major
- Senior Olivia Williams, economics major
Kennedy, Nottke, Weiss and Williams earned all-academic honors for the fourth straight year. They are William Smith’s first four-time All-Academic selections. Coburn, Diffley, Duffey, Franciszkowicz, Gong, Jackson and Mings, were named to the team for the second straight year.
While William Smith did not have a formal 2020-21 season, the Herons continued their workouts on the ice and in the weight room throughout the year. The team held an intersquad scrimmage in early March.